Following on the heels of our previous two posts on Career Prospects with Project Management Professional® Certification and PMP Training respectively, we finally come to the subject of PMP® Tutorials to see what’s covered in these tutorials.
PMP® certification is a 4-hour long exam with 200 grilling questions. Throw in our busy schedules at work and it may seem like a daunting task. A well-structured PMP® tutorial taught by experienced instructors and a deep understanding of the PMBOK® Guide is mandatory for cracking the exam.
Importance of PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Book of Knowledge) in PMP® Tutorials:
- The exam is based on the PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Book of Knowledge) published by Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
- The PMBOK® Guide is an ANSI standard guide and gets updated every four years.
- The PMBOK® Guide lays the guidelines for Project Management and also identifies the best practices.
- The PMBOK® Guide provides and promotes a common terminology within the project management profession for application on management concepts. The PMI® vocabulary provides the foundations for the professional terminologies that can be consistently used by project, program, and portfolio managers and other stakeholders. It is therefore imperative to understand them from the examination perspective. You can get a better understanding with the ITIL Course.
PMP® Exam as per PMBOK® Guide:
Each and every phase is important to understand the Project Management Lifecycle. However, while preparing for the exam, special focus should be assigned to the phases having more weightage. Get a better understanding from the PMP Certification Bangalore.
The Recommended Approach:
Project Management training takes care of three important requirements for your PMP® preparation:
- It helps in securing a 35 contact hour training required for the PMP® examination
- You’ll be instructed by a globally trained instructor in a structured fashion and you can ask and clear doubts immediately. Also few training institutes provide free online resources and multiple mock exams. (Edureka provides a 24X7 support to students for any queries plus 5 full length mock exams along with lifetime access to recordings of all classroom sessions in the LMS or Learning Management System).
- Helps kick start PMP® preparation including help in filling up the PMP® application form.
To learn more about PRINCE2, join our PRINCE2 Course online. Also, If you wish to master the principles in PRINCE2 and work on step-by-step tasks that have significant relevance for the world of business, industry professionals developed the PRINCE2 syllabus.
Areas covered in the PMP® Tutorial:
The PMP® training modules are generally designed around the PMBOK® Guide. While the Project Management in itself is divided into 5 Phases, the approach to study them is broken down in terms of Key Knowledge areas.
- The PMP® tutorial courses usually start with the introduction of the Project Management Domains, Key terminologies and Organizational structures. It introduces the roles and responsibilities of a Project Manager. It also deals with the differences of Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how Project Management plugs into either of them. Once there is clarity around the fundamentals, the course delves into Key Knowledge areas in depth.
- The Key Knowledge Areas is where PMI® really tests ones understanding of the Project Management Framework. The Edureka course is designed to help students easily grasp the key. Find out about our course structure.
- Each Knowledge area as per the PMI PMBOK® Guide is further divided into Processes. Edureka courses are designed and delivered so that the student gets a clear understanding of the various processes involved, the inputs going into the process, the tools and techniques required to process it and the outputs from every process. Once the clarity is attained on the 10 main Key Knowledge Areas, the PMP® examination can be cleared easily.
- PMP® preparation requires that one is focused on quality over quantity; therefore it is wise to keep it simple. Attend all the sessions delivered by your training institute. (Edureka has a unique feature where one can review the classes which one might have missed) While the course delivered must be sufficient, it is always useful to refer to PMBOK® Guide and a reference book. Head First PMP is recommended.
We hope this article will help you strategize your exam preparation which should hopefully now look simpler. Stay tuned for our upcoming post on preparing for the PMP® Exam. Get a better understanding of the project management concepts from the PMP Certification Hyderabad.
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.
Upcoming Batches For PMP® Certification Training Course