Career Advantages of Hadoop Certification
Recommended by 211 users
Within three to five years, half of the world’s data will be processed on Hadoop……there are going to be demand for thousands and thousands of individuals who are trained in Hadoop.
-Bob Mahan, Senior Director of Worldwide Field Services.
There is no longer a question on whether enterprises need a Big Data strategy – it has become a fact! IT professionals are scrambling to get trained and have Hadoop certification, as Hadoop is expected to be the hottest new high-tech skill. Hadoop is gaining popularity all over the world and in U.S as well, as corporations in all vertical industries like financial services, utilities, media, retail, energy and pharmaceuticals, are embracing the concept of Big Data. Read here How essential is Hadoop training and Why you must learn Hadoop.
Why go for Hadoop Certification?
Companies are struggling to hire Hadoop talent. The industries that are adopting Hadoop want assurance that the people they hire are capable of handling their petabytes of data. The certification is a proof of this capability and gives the above said assurance, making you a reliable and a responsible person for their data.
Benefits of Hadoop Certification:
- Job postings and recruiters are looking for candidates with Hadoop certification. This is a definite advantage over a candidate without Hadoop certification.
- Gives an edge over other professionals in the same field, in term of pay package.
- During IJPs, Hadoop Certification helps you move up the ladder and accelerates your career.
- Helpful for People are trying to transition into Hadoop from different technical backgrounds.
- Authenticates your hands-on experience dealing with Big Data.
- Verifies that you are aware of the latest features of Hadoop.
- The certification helps to speak more confidently about this technology at my company when networking with others.
Ways to get Hadoop Certification:
Hadoop certification can be acquired through online or in-class training. The latter option is not so practical for full time professional due to their busy life. In this modern age, everything has been made easy through online. So it is only makes sense to go for an online training. The key differentiator between institutes that offer online training is that, is it a live training? The benefits of an online-live training are immense as it addresses some of the key issues regarding Hadoop certification.
Practicalities of ‘Online and Live’ Hadoop Training:
The above class recording is an excellent example of how an online-live class is supposed to be. The interactive environment is in par with an in-class training environment. There are enough opportunities to clarify one’s doubts on Apache Hadoop with the tutor and actively interact with like-minded people. The following are the benefits of Online-Live training:
- Updating yourself with the current skill, in spite of busy professional life.
- Interactive environment to learn.
- An opportunity to be mix with like-minded professionals.
- Learning from the comforts of your home.
- Clarify your queries then and there.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Job seekers seeking employment in various IT companies, anyone wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
Professional who can opt for Big Data and Hadoop Certification:
Big Data and Hadoop Certification is aimed at professionals aspiring to make a career in Big Data Analytics using Hadoop Framework. Software Professionals, Analytics Professionals, ETL Developers, Project Managers, Testing Professionals are the key beneficiaries of this tutorial. And anyone and everyone who is interested to have a solid foundation in Hadoop Architecture can go for this certification.
Objective of Hadoop Certification:
It is essential to make sure that you reap maximum benefits from it and that the curriculum includes the latest topics in Apache Hadoop. For instance, by the end of the course you should have mastered the following concepts in Apache Hadoop.
- Master the concepts of Hadoop Distributed File System and MapReduce framework.
- Understand data loading techniques using Sqoop and Flume.
- Learn to write complex MapReduce programs.
- Perform data analytics using Pig and Hive.
- Have a good understanding of ZooKeeper service.
- Implement best practices for Hadoop Development and Debugging.
- Setup a Hadoop cluster.
- Program in MapReduce – both MRv1 and MRv2
- Program in YARN (MRv2)
- Implement HBase, MapReduce Integration, Advanced Usage and Advanced Indexing.
- New features in Hadoop 2.0 – YARN, HDFS Federation, NameNode High Availability.
- Implement a Hadoop Project.
For more information on Hadoop, read the following blog posts: