Android Project : BlackJack Game
Recommended by 8 users
Design level concepts to develop this type of application has been shown in the video. The Blackjack game was designed by Hishab Muneer.
This BlackJack android game application (Twenty-one game) is pretty cool and includes a basic introduction of the game. Sound effects have also been used in this Android game application. The background of the game can be changed, and sound effects can be turned off as well. Eclipse for Android development is used here to create this app. So let’s know the architecture and steps to create a game like this.
Here are the skills that you need to create Android games:
- Basic Knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of Android Programming
- The mind of a Programmer!
1. The basic premise of the game:
- It is a comparing card game between a player and the dealer
- You want a hand value closer to 21 than that of the dealer.But, remember, you don’t want your hand value to exceed 21.
2. Values of the Cards:
3) Value of an Ace:
- The value of an Ace can either be ‘1’ or ‘11’.
- Its default value is 11.
- It is counted as 1 if :the total ‘hand value’ is going over 21 ‘or’ if you have two Aces in the hand (of course, the hand-value will exceed 21 in this case as well).
Case 1: (A, 7) has the hand value of 18
Case 2: (A, 7, 8) has the hand value of 16.
i)In Case 1, the value of Ace is ’11′, whereas it is ’1′ in Case 2.
ii) Cards ’2′ through ’9′: The cards 2 through 9 are marked at their face value.
iii) 10, Jack, Queen, and King are all valued at ‘10’.
4. Hand value/Value of a hand
The value of a hand is simply the sum of the point counts of each card in hand. For instance, a hand containing (5, 7, and 8) has the value of 20.
5. Player Moves (These would be the actions on Button Clicks)
- Hit – Means you want to draw another card.
- Stand – Means you stop at the current total.
- Surrender – You will lose half money you bet in the hand.
Great, you already know the layman part of it pretty well. Not too shabby, eh!
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.